Making color last in resistant hair (gray, blonde, red or hair with tight cuticle). Because of the shine and reflective quality of Artego it’s Color, colorists who used outdated opaque hair colors may find that the tones of It’s Color are noticeably brighter and may look lighter than what they were used to.
Artego It’s Color has the answer for all your clients’ needs and provides 100% coverage of gray and hard to color hair while maintaining maximum shine and condition of the hair.
1. The percentage of gray in the hair is the same percentage of the Natural shade (.0 series) you add to your formula. Natural is the base tone, which provides the foundation for the other tones (reds and golds) to attach. This will create a level and tone that gives 100% gray coverage.
2. Artego’s conditioning peroxides in 10, 20 ,30, 40 volume make 100% gray coverage possible. page 23 of the Artego Color Manual.
3. Pre-Pigmentation: Pigment layering on light and dark hair.
See page 18 of the Artego Color Manual
4. .Color Boost formulas for enhanced grey coverage.
A. Mix 30 vol peroxide and color at at 1:2 ratio. For example, 1 oz 30 volume peroxide with 2 oz It’s Color
B. Add extra Artego Gel Semi-Permanent color to formula. For example, 1 oz 30 volume peroxide
with 2 oz It’s Color plus 1/2 oz to 1 oz Semi-Permanent Color Gel of the same level.
C. Add depth to Artego Semi-Permanent Color Gel:
Add 1-2 ribbon inches of Artego It’s Color to your semi-permanent color gel formula at the same level.
Reds in the Copper-Gold Series (.43, .4, .44, .40, .64) as well as the Intensive Reds (.6, .66, Fame Red, Rubine Red) need Natural in the formula to provide a base for the red tones to attach to.
Level 6 with 0% to 40% gray in the hair: 1 part Natural series + 1 part Red + 1 part 30 volume Peroxide
Level 6 with 0% to 40% gray in the hair: 2 parts Natural series + 1 part Red + 1 part 30 volume Peroxide
Levels 7, 8, 9 with or without gray: 2 parts Natural series + 1 part Red + equal parts 20 or 30 volume Peroxide
Auburn (.5), Red Auburn (.65) and Special Brown series: Use same percentage of Natural in your formula as % of gray in the hair. Use appropriate volume of peroxide (10, 20, 30).
6. Golds and Sands: Use same percentage of Natural in your formula as % of gray in the hair. Use appropriate volume of peroxide (10, 20, 30).
7. Extremely resistant hair (gray or natural):
1 part 40 volume + 2 parts It’s Color formula. Add 5 cc’s (2 capfuls) Creative Control Cream. Place client under processor. Check scalp for sensitivity.